Thursday, November 17

Military Recruiting and Evidence of WMDs

Once again I apologize. I've been remiss in keeping the blog current. I'm only one person, and I expect work conditions to keep me in this semi-blogging state probably through the holidays. In the meantime, I'll try to get one or two posts a week up, and if any non-bloggers out there have any good original material, send it my way and I'll see if I can't fill some gaps.

The first thing I want to mention today is Colin Powell. He's apologized for his speech in the UN. NewsMax asked a very good question, though -- why has everyone forgotten the actual evidence he presented? Does no one else remember the audio tape of a base commander freaking out because inspectors were coming to his base, and he still had some evidence? If not, the link above has a transcript.

The second thing I want to mention is an article entitled Who Bears the Burden? Demographic Characteristics of U.S. Military Recruits Before and After 9/11. I hate the title, personally -- it should be "Who Carries the Torch?" or something a little more reflective of the debt we owe those who protect our nation. The upshot of the article is that despite liberal assertations to the contrary, the military is not feeding off the poor and underprivileged. Military recruits come from all walks of life, but are slightly skewed towards the wealthier end of the scale. Since 9/11, the average recruit is better educated and better off than before.

What does this mean? It means that despite a few angry personnel mouthing off in the MSM, the majority of our Soldiers and Sailors joined not out of necessity, but out of desire to serve. They believe in America, they believe in our country, and they believe in our elected leaders. They don't feel they're being let down, as liberals claim, but rather that they are backing us up.

Labels: , ,